Friday, November 19, 2010

UPDATE - DIY low titanium mineral foundation

I have been using my new blend of Low Titanium dioxide Mineral powder foundation that I made up a few days ago.  It's coverage is not as high as I  usually like, but with the addition of concealer and colour correctors it still manages to do a fairly good job of covering spots and blemishes, and I do need to to and extra layer of it to get a great flawless look. I really didn't expect it to cover as well as a blend with  higher Titanium Dioxide levels does, so I'm not disappointed about the coverage.

I've taken a few photos to see if the white flash cast is reduced by lowering the Titanium levels and on my skin, it doesn't appear to have made that much of a difference.... but I'll keep taking more pictures while wearing it and see if it really does make a difference or not.  If not I'll attempt a foundation with higher Titanium levels while lowering the zinc oxide levels and see what happens : D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting, I love zinc based makeup and skincare over titanium so keen to hear how you go with all this, will come down to trial and error I guess, good luck :)

RitualEyes said...

It's going to be very interesting to see where this DIY trial and error project leads me. Unfortunatly titanium is the ing that gives the nice high coverage look and feel.