Friday, December 10, 2010

MAC Mineralize Duo - Play on Plums

I have been meaning to get around to swatching and reviewing my MAC products one by one for some time now, so I am going to start with my MAC mineralize Duo eye shadows.

I know a lot of people just adore MAC and I do love their blushes, but I am a bit so-so about the mineralize duo shadows,  they look just gorgeous in their packaging, but compared to a loose mineral shadow the colour payoff is not great. All of the ones I have look stunning, but applied are very muted colours with not a lot of payoff and certainly don't look the way they do in their packaging.  The shadows are pressed but when swiped over with your brush, get powdery very easily and you end up with a stack of fluffy, loose powder all over the surface.

Here is the pictures for Play on Plums, which as you can see is not very plummy in colour, the lighter side is more coppery, the darker side is more rust coloured and when you mix the two together you end up with a medium coppery colour.  It is still a very pretty colour combo but don't expect to see a true plum colour from this Duo.


See how in the pot it appears to have a pinkish tint to the lighter side?


Definitely no plums in this Duo!

No comments: